Acne on the nose and scars.
You are brave to write about this but I think many share your concern. Here are some things to try but I have one thing to say that’s very important!!! DON’T PICK at these. Picking will make it much more likely that they will scar. If you stop picking, the scars should get better and new ones won’t form. If you are not better though in a few months, please see a dermtologist.
Try this type of regimen:
- Acne cleanser with 5-10% glycolic or salicylic 1-2%
- Put a thin layer of a benzoyl peroxide gel or light cream (buy at the drugstore) over the acne area
- A light non-comedogenic moisturizer only if you need it.
- Same acne cleanser as above
- Apply a retinoid (Vitamin A cream) thin layer over the acne area. If the Vitamin A creams are too expensive, use these Gly-Sal pads instead or something simliar.
Do this for 8-12 weeks before you decide if it’s helping or not. If you get irritated by a product, be sure to stop it. And if you can go to a good facialist who works with teens, it’s helpful usually. Also, if you can find the Biore strips for your nose, it will help take the plugs out.
Good luck to you!!! Dr. I