Can radiofrequency treat under eye wrinkles?
Yes ………..but with some qualifications. To my knowledge, currently Thermage is the only radiofreqency system that has an actual eyelid tip (can be used right up to the lash line), that is approved by the FDA in the U.S. There may be other systems in Europe, Asia, etc.
Here are some thoughts:
- If you have mild-moderate fine wrinkling under the eyes, WITHOUT much volume loss, you should be able to get a nice result with one or two eyelid Thermage treatments. You will need maintenance since you will continue to age!
- If you are over 45-50 (and some who are younger), you almost certainly have some volume loss under and around the eyes. This may need to be corrected with filler first to get a good result from the Thermage, for example. Only expert injecters should work around the eye area please!!
- Neither of these will solve “crows feet.” They are caused by muscle action and respond better to Botox/Dysport
- Sometimes plastic surgery may be a better option
- Please do your homework to make sure you find good providers who are experienced.
Hope this helps, Dr. I