Can you help with large oil glands on the chest?

-------------------------------------------------------------- I have very oily skin and even enlarged oil glands all over my chest that are embarrassing. I am 22 yrs old and considering the cosmetic surgery to melt them down. Do u thing it would be be

I really think you should see a good dermatologist as soon as possible.  Often when the pores are enlarging on the chest like you are describing, it’s really a type of acne.  There are so many things that can help control acne now on the face, chest or back!  Treatments for this type of problem range from many different types of lotions/gels, to oral medications all the way up to Accutane.  A  dermatologist can really help you get this under control.  Also, it’s important to control the process before undertaking any corrective cosmetic work.   Dr. I

Dr. Brandith Irwin, MD

Ask me your skincare question!

Hi, I’m Dr. Irwin, and I believe that consumers need and deserve a medically trained and unbiased skincare advocate.

  • All our content is written and researched by myself and my trained staff.
  • My medical office in Seattle has experience treating thousands of patients.
  • This site is not affiliated or financially tied to any product line.
Ask Me Something
SkinTour Skincare
One of the best investments in your skin is your daily skincare. Why? Because you can prevent many problems with blotchy skin color, lack of glow, texture, some types of acne, and fine lines with good skincare products. You can also correct some of these problems with effective skincare products. Great skincare is often more expensive because quality ingredients are expensive. Some companies spend on research/development which benefits all of us and adds to the cost. Are they worth it? In general - yes!