Good skincare products for rosacea.
There are many who share this concern so glad you asked this! As many of you know, there’s no true “cure” for rosacea but there IS really great control of it.
Remember …….that you’ll need one regimen when your rosacea is stable and in good control and an even more gentle one when it’s flaring up or is inflammed. Here are some thoughts:
- Continue your prescription creams like Metrocream or gel, Noritate, Finacea ……. at least 3-4 times a week even when the rosacea is NOT active. These medications work very well to help prevent future flare ups;
- Use very gentle cleansers like the SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser or the Eminence Organic Lemon Cleanser. Cetaphil and Cerave in the drugstore are fine!
- Use a moisturizer that you know is gentle and won’t irritate you twice a day. Dried out rosacea tends to be more irritable – here are several. ;
- During stable times, it’s fine to use a Vitamin A cream at night. If you haven’t used them before, start with the retinols like this one and gradually work up to the prescription strength as long as they don’t irritate;
- Stop the retinoids temporily with active flare-ups
- Remember that diet plays an important role that we don’t understand completely. Study the known triggers and look for the ones that trigger YOU – the more you can avoid the better. Common ones are red wines and too much coffee!
- A probiotic daily may be helpful.
Hope this helps, Dr. I