Skin irritation and red, rough texture for years!!
I’m very sad that this is happening to you. It sounds so uncomfortable! Since you’ve seen 6 dermatologists (Are they board certified?? Not sure, go to AAD.org), I know there must be one or two that you could communicate with well. Please make an appointment with that dermatologist again and here are some questions to ask him/her. Link here to Finding a Good Doctor.
- Was a culture to look for infection done?
- Was a biospy done both for regular pathology (H&E) and immunoflorescence (IF) and what did it show?
- Were you tested for allergic problems both by the dermatologist (this is called patch testing) and the allergist (these are tiny needle injections)?
- Were you given advice on very bland, hypoallergenic products to use in the meantime, like Cerave or Vanicream (no prescription needed)?
- Were any other tests (blood tests?) done to support the diagnosis that they gave you (since you’ve had several different diagnoses)?
Until you really get an accurate diagnosis that is solid, I’m guessing you won’t get better because the treatment can’t be very specific. Good luck to you! Dr. I