What DOESN’T fix upper lip lines!
In your situation, it would be good to go back and talk to your dermatologist.. Could he/she have changed their technique a little? Here’s what DOESN’T work!
1) Any radiofrequency/ultrasound based device on the market currently – like Thermage, Exilis, Peleve, etc. You might be able to use them for prevention if you’re 30ish – no data on this yet.
2) Using just Botox/Dysport – doesn’t work but helps with progression of these and prevention.
3) Using just a resurfacing laser like Fraxel 1550 nm or CO2. CO2 works the best and good for moderate to deeper lines and helps, but is not the whole answer if over 45-50.
4) Using just filler especially if you already have a long upper lip or a lot of loss of volume around the mouth. You want to AVOID the duck lip or weird heavy, protruberant upper lip we are all seeing in the media. Experts often thin existing product a little to get better “flow” into these lines. A upper lip dental block is good – this area is painful.
5) Bottom Line – most people do better with a little expert use of ALL THREE of these techniques. A few drops of Botox/Dysport, a light hand with filler and some laser depending on how deep these are.
Hope this helps, Dr. I