What to do when you’re having problems after a treatment.
Dear readers – I truly wish none of these problems were happening to all of you!! When a problem occurs, here’s what to do:
- Call your dermatologist or nurse injector right away! Or, if it’s annoying but not urgent, wait a week for the skin to adjust to the change, and if it’s still a problem, then call for sure.
- If your dermatologist or nurse injector can’t help you or doesn’t seem confident that they know what to do, then you absolutely need to find a new provider. No one should be injecting things into your face if they don’t know how handle problems that may occur!
- Remember that small to medium size bruises are normal, but call your doctor or nurse if there is an usually large or severe bruise, especially around the nose or in the forehead.
- If your doctor or nurse is unresponsive or unsympathetic, then you may need a new provider.
- Remember good care takes team work between doctor and patients. Try to be appropriate in your calls also. It doesn’t help to yell at the front desk…… or anyone, for that matter. If you’re calling multiple times after your treatments, maybe it’s just too anxiety producing and not worth it!
Hope this helps, Dr. I