May is the Month for……?
Skin Cancer Awareness! Skin cancer is a very real issue, and we recommend that everyone learn the ABCDE rule, which outlines the warning signs of melanoma:
- A – is for Asymmetry: One half of the mole does not match the other half.
- B – is for Border irregularity: The edges are ragged, notched or blurred.
- C – is for Color that varies from one area to another.
- D – is for Diameter: While melanomas are usually greater than 6mm (the size of a pencil eraser) when diagnosed, they can be smaller.
- E – is for Evolving: A mole or skin lesion that looks different from the rest or is changing in size, shape or color.
See your doctor if you have any questions about a mole!