Shaving Tips for Fathers’ Day
I did a tip several months ago on shaving. Apparently, my tip to men to buy two shavers and use them on alternate days went viral! Who knew?
But my male patients do complain about shaving, and about ingrown hairs in particular. Here are some ideas:
- Avoid disposable razors (it’s surprising how many men use these, particularly men who shave their heads);
- Use two different brands of shavers on alternate days;
- Our aesthetician at our medical practice swears by a product line called Tend Skin for ingrown hairs. This is not for men with allergies to preservatives or sensitive skin;
- Avoid those foamy shaving creams; they’re mostly air and don’t really lubricate or protect your skin for shaving;
- Here are some shave creams that I recommend:
- Vanicream Free and Light Shave Cream (good for sensitive skin);
- Clinique Cream Shave and the Clinique Aloe (buy the Aloe if the man really wants a foam rather than a cream);
- Kiehl’s (comes in a jar);
- Cremo and Alba are good drugstore brands that are very affordable.