What Type of Peel is Best for Melasma?
There is a solid amount of medical evidence that peels can be beneficial in melasma. But…….the question is really the wrong one because the more important questions are:
- What time of year is the best given the climate I live in?
- What interval between peels is best given my skin type and severity of melasma?
- Are there things that can be done to make sure the peels don’t make my skin worse (and they can!!)?
- Is my doctor, nurse, aesthetician really experienced with melasma (makes a huge difference)?
- How long do I need to stay out of sun/light after the peel?
- Should I be pre-treated with cream lightening agents?
See Dr. Irwin’s articles on: