Why Do I Change my Product Regimen from Fall/Winter to Spring/Summer??
I live in Seattle, where the summers are quite sunny. So I need to change my regimen from skin care products for the rainier, cloudier fall and winter to a more sunny and outdoor spring and summer.
This is clearly more relevant if you live in a “4 season” climate. If you live in warm parts of the world, think the “summer” skin protection all year around. In the summer, I recommend:
- Increase your sun protection in the summer with higher zinc/titanium sunscreens (they block UVA better, especially the zinc) and double layer/reapply if you’re outside.
- Decrease your retinoid (Vit A cousin) use. I change from my fall/winter Renova at night to the lower strength SkinMedical Retinol 0.25%, use it 2-3 times a week and drop any hydroxy/glycolic creams.
- Increase antioxidant use to twice a day.
- Add the SkinCeuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector or Lytera Skin Brightener as prevention, because we tend to get more brown spots in the summer;
- Don’t forget the sunscreen on your neck, chest and hands every day.