A good am/pm skin care regimen for someone in their 40s-50s.
Yes, and you’re right, I need to update that skin care regimen! I’ll get to that when I get back from our July vacation. 🙂 Everyone is an individual, so not all of these will work for everyone. Start new products one at a time, about 3-7 days apart. That way, if a product causes irritation, you’ll know which one it is.
Skin Care Regimen for Skin in Your 40s – 50s
These are in order of application.
- Gentle cleanser that doesn’t strip the natural oils off the skin. Eminence Lemon Cleanser (creamy) or SC Gentle Cleanser (foamier)
- Antioxidant serum or cream – try the more gentle first like the Replenix Power of Three
- Moisturizer – since your skin is thinner and dryer, try one like this from Pevonia Soothing Sensitive Skin Cream.
- Moisturizing Sunscreen – Try the Dermaquest Sheer Zinc (18% zinc).
- Gentle cleanser that doesn’t strip the natural oils off the skin. See AM
- Moisturizer – either the AM moisturizer or one that’s has a little more body like the Pevonia Marine Collagen (lightly scented)
- Vitamin A cream (retinoid) like the Skin Medica 0.25%. Should be gentle enough to not cause peeling or irritation.
Start with these per instructions above. After a month or two, you should start to see a difference. At that point, you can add other anti-aging products if you want, one at a time.
Hope this helps, Dr. I