Acne and over 40 skin – what are the options?
Agata, thank you for writing and also for being an oncology nurse which is a very important and tough job. You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. I’m happy to try to answer this for you. A couple of thoughts:
- The Retin A/tretinoin is better for acne than TNS serum or the salicylic acid. It’s science and track record for preventing signs of aging is better and it also helps to prevent skin cancer; Learn more information about wrinkle repair creams.
- You will have less irritation if you wash, moisturize, wait 10 minutes and then apply it. You will also have less irritation if you change to a form of it with a more moisturizing base like the Renova or the Refissa;
- Your antioxidant in the AM (the C E Ferrulic) is excellent;
- Consider adding a light scrub once or twice a week or adding the Clarisonic for cleansing;
- Discuss with your doctor changing the minocycline to the low dose forms of doxycycline which won’t affect your intestinal flora as much or take probiotics daily and eat yogurt.
Hope this helps, Dr. I
See Dr. Irwin’s recommendations on Anti-Aging and Wrinkle Repair Creams.