Can you dissolve filler?
Safety first. The nose is a high risk area so ……everyone please……experts only here. To answer your question:
- All hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers can be uncrosslinked, “melted” in a sense, and make visually flatter by the enzyme hyaluronidase. All board certified dermaologists, plastic surgeons and other good clinics who use these fillers should have it and know how to use it correctly. From a safety standpoint, these fillers have the best safety profile.
- HA fillers include products like Juvederm, Voluma, Restylane, Perlane, Belotero, and a whole lot of other ones available in Europe, Asia, Middle East, South America. Sometimes products are marketed by different names in different companies.
- Radiesse – no – but it will gradually (3-24 months) wear off – the time depends on how much was used and where exactly it was placed.
- Sculptra – no – but it will gradually (3-24 months) wear off – time as above
- Artefill – never will go away except with surgery – please don’t use this filler
- Silicone – never will go away except with surgery – please don’t use this filler
More on filler problems and safety.
Hope this helps, Dr. I