For the sensitive eye area, can you just dilute your regular face products and use them instead of expensive eye creams?
Interesting question! It really depends on the product but here are some general guidelines.. Gels and serums don’t “dilute well” with creams. If you want to dilute a gel or serum, try a hyaluronic acid serum to dilute it but even that might destabilize it. store.skintour.com/products/hydrating-b5-gel Stop the product if you get irritated!
- Antioxidants – usually not – destabilize easily;
- Retinoids – yes – usually can be done with moisturzer but try very dilute first and work up;
- Moisturizers – yes but why would you?
- Exfoliants – usually not a problem
- Cleansers – yes but why would you – inexpensive ones are easily available
- Lightening agents – plant based ones are probably fine but don’t put hydroquinones on the eyelids.
Hope this helps, Dr. I