We get a number of skincare questions each month about skincare products, and why and when to use them. These are the products I use and when.
- Cleanser:Eminence Lemon Cleanser – gentle is less drying, unless you have oily skin
- Repair/Anti-aging Face: SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF Gel or Dermaquest C Infusion Serum (if more sensitive) – topical good quality. Antioxidants help protect skin cell DNA from UV damage, promote collagen production and reduce brown spots.
- Repair/Anti-aging Neck and Chest: Lytera Pigment Correcting Serum then Image Prevention SPF 30 Sunscreen (untinted) (zinc 18%) – Helps to keep uneven pigment and brown spots from forming
- Moisturizer: Pevonia Ligne Myoxy Caviar – a good midweight, hydrating but not too oily. The fragrance is natural.
- Sunscreen: Dermaquest Sheer Zinc SPF 30 (tinted) (zinc 18%) for the face and the Image (untinted) above on the neck, chest & hands – zinc is the only sunscreen ingredient that blocks both UVA & UVB effectively throughout the full range.
- Eyes & Lips: Pevonia Ligne Yeux – has some retinoid and is very gentle for sensitive skin. It’s one of the few eye creams I can use.
Hope this helps!
Dr. Brandith Irwin
Director, Madison Skin & Laser Center
Follow my skin tips and travels on Instagram!