Neck skin – arggghhhhh – what to do?
I think necks are the “holy grail” of the next 5 years in nonsurgical technology. A lot of the improvements for face skin issues have not translated as well to the neck. Readers….please though….I need more info on these questions to help you. Here’s why and what.
For example, what does sun damaged neck skin really mean? If you look at your neck, is the problem:
- The skin is discolored especially higher up by the ears and the back of the neck – usually mottled red/brown irregular patches (poikiloderma);
- Skin on the neck is crinkley and crepey but not especially saggy;
- Neck skin is mostly saggy;
- There are horizontal lines on the neck that are getting deeper (“necklace lines”);
- There are vertical bands visible up under the chin (platysmal bands).
You may have just one problem above and may have several. Either way, the possible fixes for these depend on what exactly the problem is.
Hope this helps, Dr. I