Outdoor jobs, excess pigment and sunscreening!
Please see this section in Skincare products. There’s more you can do to help with this and ……….please don’t forget that HAT!!
So many people have problems with uneven pigment due to sun damage, melasma, skin irritation and acne, that I’d like to give you the basic products that you need to use to help control and improve pigment problems. Below are the products that are a must. Hydroquinones are their own issue and need to be customized for each person. They may make pigment worse, especially if used for too long or in high concentrations.
When trying new products, always start one at a time about 3-7 days apart, so if you have a problem, you know which product it is!
2) A potent antioxidant (they have been shown to decrease pigment over time)
3) Moisturizer if needed (dry skin is more easily irritated which makes pigment worse)
4) Double sunscreen layer with at least 10-20% zinc (no sunscreen blocks UVA perfectly but zinc is the best at it)
5) A hat whenever possible
2) A plant based skin lightener/brightener or a hydroquinone – 2-4% in the U.S.
3) A gentle Vit A cousin – a retinoid (these help the pigment move out of the skin faster and disperse more evenly) A prescription version is fine also but make sure you don’t get irritated – it makes pigment problems worse – you may need to skip this step if you work outside.
4) Moisturizer – Use the moisturizer first if retinoids tend to irritate you.