Pre prom, graduation, and wedding skin preparation. A how to!
With all the events coming up, there have been good questions from all of you about how to prepare for these. Wedding skin preparation. Prom skin preparation. Graduation prom preparation. Many suffer from breakouts and, of course, these seem to show up at the worst times, three days before the wedding or graduation. But if you have a good plan, you can try and avoid these as much as possible!
So here are some quick ideas on skin preparation before a big day:
- Timing: If you can, start with a plan about 6-8 weeks before. If it’s too late for that, read on because there are still a few strategies;
- Acne or pimples: If you have pimples/acne that seem to be stuck (they don’t need to have white heads), these are closed comedones and are deep under the skin. Don’t try to extract these yourself. Find a good facialist in your area who is experienced and does extractions. Or call your dermatologists office. Sometimes they will also do. Go as soon as possible because it will take 3-5 days to heal.
- Get a great cover-up: Our patients love the Colorscience 5 shades compact. It really works!
- Oral antibiotics: If you’ve had oral antibiotics in the past for acne, call your doctor and see if you can get a week or two worth so that you have them on hand for a skin emergency. Often starting these right away and taking them for 4-7 days will head off a bad outbreak. Take your probiotics with these.
- A good facialist, especially someone who also does microdermabrasion is super helpful.
- Don’t get a peel within 4-6 weeks of an event. These have a much higher rate of temporary complications than microdermabrasion or facials.
- If you get a larger cyst, that you can tell will last weeks, most dermatologists will do a cyst injection which helps within a day. Many stars in LA use this trick for red carpet events.
Hope this helps, Dr. I