Problems with uneven pigment after an IPL treatment.
I’m so glad you find SkinTour helpful! It’s so frustrating when something like this happens but a couple of words of encouragement.
- In general, this will resolve but two good things to remember. It’s best to start on an anti-pigment skin care regiment right away if this happens. If your dermatologist didn’t start that yet, please contact him/her or use this pigment control regimen in the meantime.
- In thousands of IPL treatments, over 20 years, we have never seen a single case of permanent sensitivity to the sun.
- Regular indoor light from a bulb won’t cause darkening…………but any natural light coming in from a window WILL …..due to the UVA through the glass. That’s why you need a UVA blocking sunscreen like the one in the above regimen.
- Also, the darker your baseline skin type, the longer this will take to resolve.
- And, you may need that series of 3-5 treatments that are usually recommended to acheive the eveness you want.
Hope this helps, Dr. I