Some love, and some instant skin pick-me ups.
Marta, your comment made my day. Thank you! Thinking about London in WWII really helped me put things in perspective. A great book on the subject is The Splendid and the Vile, by Erik Larson. I’m still smiling at your comment.
Let’s start looking forward to the future, and turn away from fear and negativity…..and towards hope, joy, and faith in human ingenuity.
Easy at Home Pick Me Ups – Get the Glow Back
Since all our favorite dermatologists, medspas and salons are closed, here are some ideas:
- Never, ever overlook the value of more circulation. Yoga with inversions is good. If you normally walk on the flats, walk some hills. Same for running. Love to cycle – hills (I know – arghhh). You get the idea.
- See our new (look for it on Wednesday) Papaya Pineapple body scrub from Pevonia. Take those old, dry cells off!
- Then lube, lube, lube. We love the Eminence Apricot Oil – it’s a dry oil, that absorbs fast and doesn’t get on clothing.
- Keep your resolution to use your retinol or tretinoin (generic for Retin A) at least 2-3 times a week, if not more. Put it on top of your moisturizer for less irritation, and always at night.
- A gentle facial scrub can be helpful too. But just once a week and don’t over scrub!
Inexpensive office/salon choices sure to get your skin glowing again.
- If you’ve never tried microdermabrasion with an infusion like hyaluronic acid, this is your chance. It gently exfoliates, and vacuum cleans the pores at the same time.
- A facial with massage to increase the circulation in your face and neck. Very de-stressing too.
- A sauna. The heat is great for circulation
- A light, polyhydroxy peel. The key here is light going into the summer, so you don’t end up with pigment problems. It’s key to use a high zinc sunscreen before and after if you peel.
Hope this helps, and stay well!