The 5 best treatments for the neck and decolletage (chest). And Happy Thanksgiving!!
This is a hot topic now, right? The neck and chest have been the “holy grail” of non-surgical skin treatments for a LONG time, and finally, there are some truly effective treatments available. First thing though, is to look at the skin on your neck and chest and do an analysis. Feel free to ask more questions on the blog on this.
Neck: Is the main problem on your neck saggy skin (loss of elasticity), heaviness (or fat, especially up by the jowls), or very fine wrinkles and blotchiness from sun damage? Don’t forget those pesky vertical bands called platysmal bands that can really stick out of some of us. If you pick the wrong treatment for the problem, you won’t get the results you want!
Chest: Is what’s bothering you that the skin is thin and veiny, or maybe those chevron V-shaped lines after sleeping at night that are getting deeper, or leathery and blotchy from too many sunburns and too much sun over the years?
5 Tips to Help your Neck and Chest:
- Chest – the V-shaped lines. These are “sleep lines” but after a while can last all day. Side sleepers crunch this area during the night. Larger breasted women who don’t have much fat layer here, also notice it. Experts only, please. Body dilution Sculptra is different than for the face. If your doctor does Sculptra already and wants some guidance on this, please have them call my office. Sculptra builds collagen and makes the skin more resistant to wrinkling. Once the Sculptra has developed (takes 3 mos), then a treatment to build collagen on the surface – like Fraxel or a lite CO2 is also helpful.
- The fat pad under the chin. It doesn’t matter what age you are or what weight, if you have a fat pad here, you have a fat pad! It’s genetic usually. The CoolMini (Coolsculpting) is great for this, and also Kybella. Limited liposuction can still be a good option here.
- Skincare products. Don’t forget your skincare products to prep the skin, start the repair process, and prevent more damage. If light exposed, a high zinc sunscreen is a must.
- Fraxel for brown spots and fine wrinkles on the neck and chest. Whether you do a series of baby Fraxels (Clear & Brilliant) or go for just 1-2 full treatments, Fraxel improve almost everyone’s sun damage noticeably. Pair it with an IPL or BBL (these are the same thing) if you have some red also.
- Neck tightening with radiofrequency microneedling. This is a game-changer for the over 45 group. Systems to investigate are Profound, and Infini. We like the Profound, but they are very similar.