Undereye hollows and the tear trough area.
Thank you for pointing this out – I sometimes miss part of the question! I just have to say again that injecting around the eye area – especially above the eye – is for experts only. Injecting in this area is an off-label FDA use and it is difficult to do safely and well! Please, please don’t just go to a medi-spa or inexperienced doctor to do this. If you’re not sure, just wait and do more research. More on how to fix problems around the eye area.
Having said that, here’s my opinion:
- Restylane – the best option in the U.S. – it can also be thinned slightly to layer it more effectively in certain areas
- Belotero – next best choice but doesn’t have any added anesthetic so it’s more painful and sometimes gets lumpier with time which is odd.
- Perlane – too thick and tends to be too full
- Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra Plus – too hydrophilic – meaning they absorb water from the surrounding tissue more and in this area it causes too much puffiness and fluctuation of the volume.
- Voluma – too full and too early to know if a thinned version will be useful.
Hope this helps! Dr. I