What do you think of Electro Mesotherapy?
Here are a number of the red flags:
- It’s new and therefore unproven, so it’s easy to make unsubstantiated claims;
- It claims to treat a HUGE variety of skin problem both on the face and on the body (too good to be true?);
- Claims to use mysterious “micro current infusions” to penetrate the deep layers (any evidence for this?);
- No disclosure on what’s in the particular “mesotherapy” solution (there’s no regulation on this – so could be anything including sewer water (okay partially joking here);
- Sudden appearance on Groupon (not joking).
Here are some questions to ask:
- How long have you been doing this (but people can lie – just sayin);
- Any proof that this works? Before & after photos do NOT count here – they can be too easily photoshopped;
- Why is this any better than a facial – if you did a facial once a week over 6-8 weeks, your skin might look better also.
- What are the risks and is there anyone who shouldn’t do this.
I know all of you are smart and please, please make good choices on these things! The wrong treatment from the wrong person can actually harm you so please be careful.
Hope this helps, Dr. I