What to do when you pick something and you think it might scar.
We’re are all human right? I think we’ve probably all picked something on our faces at some point! Now you’re worried that it made things worse.
Here’s what to do:
- First take a deep breath and realize it’s probably not as bad as you think.
- Let is heal!! Leave the crust/scab alone and do NOT pick at it, remove it, or in any way disturb it again.
- Keep it moist with moisturizer or a little vaseline, until the scab falls off on it’s own or put a bandaid or medical paper tape on it to keep it moist.
- Once the crust is off, you can use a little silicone scar gel and rub it in 2-3 times a day.
- Give the area 1-2 months before deciding on a re Fraxel with your doctor. You may not need to redo it.
- If you are a frequent picker, you may have a mild version of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) or an anxiety issue. If you do, consider getting help for this.
Hope this helps, Dr. I