I see you are trying the Neocutis Lumiere eye cream . Can you tell me how that’s working for you? I need to get an eye cream but I’m waiting to see how you like it. I want to get an opinion from someone who is not trying to sell it. My dermatologist keeps telling me that it’s one of their best sellers, but I’m skeptical. So I’m really looking for an honest opinion. I do use Retin A around my eyes, not under my eyes. But I want something that will help with dryness but is also anti-aging but with different ingredients that I can use with my Retin A or on the days that I don’t use the Retin A that won’t dry out my eyes. Or do you know of an eye cream that you really like or would be good for me? I’m 44. I do have to watch an eye cream that is too rick or makes my eyes oily, but need something for the hydration and puffiness. It seems when I use almond oil it almost makes my eyes more puffy- is that true? Anyways, any help would be good. Please, I’m desperate. I love your site and am so happy that I can get an honest opinion about products. It’s overwhelming and confusing. I want to buy the best products that I can afford and will work for me. Not just a bunch of hype. Thank you.
Again readers – thank you for so many great questions!! I truly wish I had time to answer them all. For starters, on the eye cream issue – 3 key points:
- There is NO absolutely amazing, fabulous, make us look 20 years younger, eye cream out there………yet. So temporarily let’s accept that reality.
- Identify your main problem first. Are you mainly puffy or dry (crepey), or is it dark circles?
- Remember the eye area is MORE sensitive – what works on your face or on other people, may not work for you. You may have to try several products to find the one the suits you best.
Having said all that my office is currently testing several, in addition to the ones we have. As of this writing, I would recommend trying these eye creams.
- For dryness and the crepeys – the SkinCeuticals A.G.E. eye cream
- For the dark circles – the Topix Eye cream with Vit. K
- For puffiness – the Biorestorative Lumiere
I will update these in a few months also!
Hope this helps, Dr. I