Get the Glow in Your Skin
Here are several ideas for increasing your “glow” – some are easier and some more difficult. All these strategies increase cell turnover rate and build collagen.
- Use Renova (Retin A, Tazorac, Retinol 1.0%….etc.) or another version of a retinoid (vitamin A cousin) nightly. See Dr. Irwin’s recommended over the counter retinols.
- Add a product with cell growth factors, like TNS Recovery Complex or TNS Essential Serum to your daily regimen (these take at least 4 months to show results, so be patient).
- Use a GENTLE exfoliant once or twice a week.
- Have an experienced aesthetician do a light peel or microdermabrasion monthly. See Dr. Irwin’s Guide to Microdermabrasion and Light Peels.
- If you’re over 35-40, have 3 Fraxel laser treatments about 4-6 weeks apart. See Dr. Irwin’s Guide to Fraxel Lasers. Depending on your skin, you could also have a series of IPL or Photorejuvenation Laser treatments.
- Fractional CO2 laser or Sculptra will help too but usually not indicated until 45 or older. See Dr. Irwin’s Guide to Sculptra. See Dr. Irwin’s Guide to Fractionated CO2 Laser.