My Questions on Dermarollers and Microneedling
Notice that the so-called “science” on all the websites and devices………is just a general description of a wound healing response. It is NOT a description of any science done with their particular device in human skin. I still see many unanswered questions with these, like:
- How are the companies making sure they aren’t selling these to untrained people?
- When you puncture skin you greatly increase infection risks. How is this being addressed?
- How is pain being addressed with the deeper (>1mm) pens? At that depth, a peel is more uniform.
- For the “dermal” pens, how are they preventing scarring with the wider needles that leave a visible puncture mark?
- Darker skin types may have temporary or permanent darkening; how is this addressed?