Why Do I Change my Product Regimen from Fall/Winter to Spring/Summer??
I live in Seattle, where the summers are quite sunny. So I need to change my regimen from skincare products for the rainier, cloudier fall and winter to a more sunny and outdoor spring and summer. Summer skin care introduces higher zinc sunscreens, that’s more obvious. But there are some lesser known products you should consider. This is clearly more relevant if you live in a “4 season” climate. If you live in warm parts of the world, think the “summer” skin protection all year around.
My recommended summer skin care regimen:
- Increase your sun protection in the summer with higher zinc/titanium sunscreens (they block UVA better, especially the zinc) and double layer/reapply if you’re outside. Here’s a great one I use and recommend to patients.
- Decrease your retinoid (Vit A cousin) use. I change from my fall/winter Renova at night to the lower strength SkinMedical Retinol 0.25%, use it 2-3 times a week and drop any hydroxy/glycolic creams.
- Increase antioxidant use to twice a day.
- Add the SkinCeuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector or Lytera Skin Brightener as prevention, because we tend to get more brown spots in the summer;
- Don’t forget the sunscreen on your neck, chest and hands, every day.
Enjoy the sun 🙂